Vacancies in the York office
£30,000 – £32,000 p.a pro rata, dependent on experience
Part Time 22 – 25 hours per week
28 days pro rata holiday including bank holidays
Due to changes within the Business Support Team, we are looking to recruit a self motivated, AAT qualified or equivalent, Management Accountant.
You will be responsible for the production of the quarterly management accounts & balance sheet control accounts, monthly payroll and quarterly VAT reporting. In addition the postholder will work with the Chief Financial Officer ensuring the provision of meaningful management information across the Trust and work closely with Heads of Department, Project Managers and the Business Support Team to achieve these aims.
This role will work across both the Charity and its subsidiary retail company.
- To produce quarterly internal management accounts.
- To produce the monthly payroll for salaried and hourly paid staff, including the calculation of amounts due and deductions to be taken, the timely payment of deductions to the relevant body, including pension payments, and the reporting of starters and leavers for the pension scheme.
- To maintain an awareness of HMRC and pensions changes and report to the CFO the impact of any such changes for implementation.
- To prepare the quarterly VAT return and other statutory returns as required.
- To prepare balance sheet control accounts at least quarterly, ensuring that discrepancies are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for the preparation and posting of accruals and prepayments.
- To prepare & process capital expenditure and depreciation postings, including maintaining an accurate fixed asset register for the organisation.
- To prepare & process Gift Aid, stock and payroll postings.
- To produce a timetable for the production of monthly, quarterly and year end transactions and reports, issue to relevant staff and ensure that the timescale is met.
- To carry out audits of cash floats held at least quarterly and other internal audit functions as required.
- To maintain the Trust’s Treasury function so that interest receivable on credit balances is maximised.
- To assist users of both the financial & project accounting systems with their queries and provide support where required.
- To work with the CFO, IT Officers, project managers and external advisors on the development and effective implementation of Sage 200.
- To provide analysis as requested by the Board, SMT, Managers, Project Managers and external advisors.
- To ensure that all documentation is filed and archived correctly and efficiently.
- To deal with queries politely and efficiently.
- To be continuously striving for improvements and efficiencies in processing of financial transactions, recording of project information and the production of management reports.
- To handle incoming telephone, e-mail and visitor enquiries for Aldwark in the absence of the Business Support Assistant.
- To provide cover for other members of the Finance team as required.
- To participate in appraisals and personal reviews and to work to achieve personal objectives.
- To abide by the policies and procedures of the Trust.
- Any other reasonable duty as required by Senior Management personnel.
To apply for this role you must be AAT qualified or equivalent. It would be desirable if you were also working towards ACMA qualification or similar. Support will be provided for those working towards a further accountancy qualification.
In addition you must have experience of the following:
- management accounts production & variance analysis
- payroll processing for an SME
- balance sheet control account production
- electronic banking systems
- customer care skills
- Microsoft Office or similar programmes
Experience of the following would also be desirable:
- Sage 200
- Sage payroll
- project accounting systems
- charity accounting
For an informal discussion please contact Gill Gimes, Chief Financial Officer, on 01904 6630008.
Your CV with a covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 14th March 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews to be held on Friday 22nd March.
Business Support Assistant
Salary £16,575 – £18,160 p.a dependent on experience
37 hour week,
28 days holiday including bank holidays
York Archaeological Trust is one of the UK’s leading heritage charities, operating both archaeological services and a number of highly successful visitor attractions, including the Jorvik Viking Centre in York. It employs over 200 staff and has its head office in Aldwark, York, where our Business Support team is located. The Business Support Team includes Finance, Human Resources, IT, Administration and Reception.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Business Support Assistant to:
- run our reception area and office services at Aldwark
- provide support to our Finance Department
- provide general administrative support for the Business Support Team
- To manage an effective and efficient office operation: dealing with incoming, outgoing and internal post; reception services; meeting preparation; maintaining and issuing adequate stocks of office supplies, catering supplies and cleaning materials in accordance with the budget held by the CFO.
- To match supplier invoices received against orders and to check and input invoices received without orders once authorised.
- To ensure that the company credit card statements are reconciled and processed on a monthly basis in an accurate and timely manner, resolve any queries resulting from this process and be responsible for the administration of the Trust’s business card account.
- To ensure all transactions are entered correctly and efficiently, including checking nominal, cost centre & project coding, supplier bank account details and VAT treatment.
- To update the Motor Insurance Database to ensure all Trust vehicles and hired vehicles are covered. To liaise with the company’s insurers on insurance claim processing.
- To provide admin support for the HR Manager, including the production of annual holiday cards.
- To provide support for the H&S Co-Ordinator, including updating training records and drivers’ records.
- To ensure that all documentation for the Finance & HR teams is filed and archived correctly and efficiently.
- To provide cover for other members of the Business Support team as required.
- To deal with queries politely and efficiently.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- An excellent telephone manner and customer care skill
- Knowledge of financial procedures
- Experience in a busy, customer focused environment
- Good experience & skills in Word & Excel, Outlook or similar programmes
- Be self-motivated and driven.
It would also be an advantage to have:
- Finance office experience
- Experience of Sage 200
For an informal discussion please contact Gill Gimes Chief Financial Officer, on 01904 6630008.
CVs with a covering letter should be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date Wednesday 6th March at 5pm
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 20th March 2019
York Archaeological Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment. Data we gather during your application will be retained and processed in accordance with data protection rules. More details can be found in our Applicants Privacy statement available to view here. York Archaeological Trust is a registered Charity in England & Wales (No. 509060) and Scotland (No. SCO42846).