Vacancies in the Nottingham office
(graduate trainees to experienced field staff: £17,777 – £19,048 p.a.)
We are looking for project archaeologists at all levels of field experience for a variety of sites both within the east midlands and beyond. Full support and training, focussing on the Skills Passport, CPD log and tailored sessions will be given to graduate trainees (less than 6 months experience) to acquire the skills to progress.
What we offer:
- Immediate starts, 3 month initial contracts with strong possibility of extension.
- Company pension scheme, where both the Employee and Employer contribute.
- Childcare Vouchers, a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Annual leave entitlement on joining is 28 days, rising to 33 days after 5 years service.
- Annual Holiday purchase scheme, purchase up to 2 weeks additional holiday.
- Driver’s allowance (£500 p.a.) for those staff that are regularly required to drive field staff to site.
- Free Eye tests for VDU users.
- The Trust will contribute 50% of the cost of one subscription to an approved professional body (e.g. CIfA).
- Free access to our 5 York Attractions including the JORVIK Viking Centre for our employees, their families and friends, and 25% discount on retail goods and souvenirs.
- Discounts to Trust Events, at applicable events.
- PPE suitable to your role.
- Training opportunities appropriate to the role, including a Key Contact scheme.
- Transport to all sites will be provided for Project Archaeologists.
- Travel, subsistence and free accommodation provided for staff working away.
- Payment of CSCS test fee.
Further details on the Trusts Recruitment, Rewards and Benefits can be found here: www.yorkarchaeology.co.uk/get-involved/work-for-yat/
Application is by CV and covering letter.
Applications should be completed and returned to Alison Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org). For an informal discussion please contact Dr Gareth Davies (0115 8967402)
Closing date: midnight Sunday 12th August
Roles at our other sites:
To view employment opportunities within YAT’s other archaeological offices located in York, Sheffield and Glasgow, as well as its Attractions & Events division, please follow the links below: