Support York Archaeological Trust
We are an independent educational charity, receiving no direct state grant or subsidy for our work. For more than 45 years we have sustained our activities by demonstrating the critical value of heritage to all. We exist for these connected reasons: to discover and conserve the past and to allow everyone to experience and get involved in the results of this vital work.
A report on our accounts for last financial year can be viewed here.
What does YAT (York Archaeological Trust) contribute to the City economy?
- Operates 4 other York heritage attractions: Barley Hall, DIG, Richard III Experience, and Henry VII Experience, in addition to JORVIK
- Welcomes around 500,000 visitors in total to YAT activities
- Ran 490 events in 2014/15, attended by 14,700 participants
- Employs over 150 people
- Is supported by nearly 100 volunteers, giving over 2,000 hours of support time
- Has engaged over 3,000 people since 2001 in ‘Archaeology Live’ excavations
- Runs archaeological and community research programmes from offices in Nottingham, Sheffield and Glasgow, as well as York.
How you can support Us
Your donations are paramount in enabling York Archaeological Trust to fulfil this mission of investigating the past for the benefit of present communities and future generations.
So if you feel the time is right when you would like to help us please consider:
Please support us to ensure we can continue to go from strength to strength. For further information about legacies, donations and the many other ways you can financially assist the Trust, contact John Hainsworth:
Phone: 01904 663000 Email: email@example.com