Vacancies in the York office
HEAD OF ARCHAEOLOGY: YORK
Salary Grade Range: £33,000- £38,000 depending upon experience
We are seeking to appoint a permanent and full time Head of Archaeology for our York office focussed principally on:
- Leading the strategic direction and development of the York Archaeology department, generating new income streams and ensuring its sustainability.
- To manage the projects, people, financial and operational issues and achieve the Charity’s objectives
- Expanding our commercial opportunities (fieldwork and consultancy), undertaking marketing activities with potential and existing clients, consultants and curators, in conjunction with other senior managers.
- The York’s office’s delivery of professional services (commercial contracts). The successful candidate will have a key role in managing the York Office team of 15 staff and ensuring the effective delivery of our contracts.
- Leading the development of tenders and ensuring they comply with YAT policies.
- Co-ordinating the operations of the York field team.
- Ensuring an effective assurance system for ‘grey literature’
- Liaising with operations in the other Trust offices to ensure effective use of resources and co-ordination of tendering activity.
- Ensuring strong financial tracking of projects and invoicing.
- Participating in the development of new research and community projects and helping to develop a sustainable basis for this activity
This is a demanding post and we are looking for an experienced archaeological professional with prior successful management, operations and contracts experience. You must have excellent communications skills and have a proven track record of commercial success and developing the skills of others. Previous consultancy and heritage management experience is desirable. In addition, we are looking to embed and sustain ways in which we can achieve our wider social objectives and you will be expected to make a significant contribution to future developments in York and the wider region.
You must be flexible, forward thinking and prepared to adapt your role as the necessary. You will report directly to the Chief Executive and work closely with the executive team.
A full driving licence is essential. Membership of CIfA and / or other professional body is expected.
Applications must be received by midnight on 23rd April 2017. If you would like to discuss the post or have any enquiries, please contact David Jennings, CEO on 01904 663001 or email@example.com.
Interviews are likely to be held in the week beginning 8th May 2017.
To apply, please complete an application form, quoting Job Reference HOA2017 and send by email or post for the attention of David Jennings CEO to: firstname.lastname@example.org or York Archaeological Trust, 47 Aldwark, York, YO1 7BX.