Vacancies in the York office
Project Archaeologists, Project Supervisors, Project Officers
SHEFFIELD & YORK – for immediate start
The Trust is one of the largest heritage organisations in the UK. We provide a wide range of services to commercial clients, government organisations, local authorities, charities and individuals. The Trust is an educational charity and is committed to sharing information and creating learning and participation opportunities for everyone. The Trust provides a unique and exciting employment opportunity, combining world famous heritage attractions such as Jorvik, with excavation, survey, consultancy, expert conservation services and an unmatched commitment to dissemination and public engagement.
Due to a continuing increase in commercial, community and research projects, we have vacancies for immediate start for Project Archaeologists, Supervisors and Project Officers based in Sheffield (ArcHeritage) and York. Some projects will involve working away. If you would like to become part of a forward looking team committed to realising the public and educational potential of professional archaeology, we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer:
• Company pension scheme, where both the Employee and Employer contribute.
• Childcare Vouchers, a salary sacrifice scheme
• Annual leave entitlement on joining is 28 days, rising to 33 days after 5 years’ service
• Annual Holiday purchase scheme, purchase up to 2 weeks additional holiday
• Free Eye tests for VDU users
• Free access to our 5 York Attractions including the JORVIK Viking Centre for our employees, their families and friends, and 25% discount on retail goods and souvenirs
• Discounts to Trust Events, at applicable events
• PPE suitable to your role
• Training opportunities appropriate to the role
• Transport to all sites will be provided for Project Archaeologists (Supervisors and Projects Officers will have driving responsibilities)
• Travel, subsistence and free accommodation provided for staff working away
• Payment of CSCS test fee
The Trust is a CIFA Registered Organisation.
Project Archaeologists (graduate trainees to experienced field staff: £17,431 – £18,374 p.a.)
A variety of opportunities exist for Project Archaeologists. Full support and training, focussing on the Skills Passport, CPD log and tailored sessions will be given to graduate trainees (less than 6 months experience) to acquire the skills to progress.
Project Supervisors (£19,000 – £20,500 p.a. dependent on experience)
We require Project Supervisors to assist Project Officers in implementing agreed programmes of fieldwork within strict time and budgetary constraints. This could include the supervision of small to medium field teams, independent excavation, survey and recording, or elements of post-excavation analysis and reporting.
Project Officers (£21,000 – £25,758 p.a. dependent on experience)
We require Project Officers to implement agreed programmes of fieldwork within strict time and budgetary constraints. Reporting to a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the leadership of small to large field teams and the coordination of post excavation/reporting tasks, commensurate with your experience. For the right candidate, project management training leading to progression can be provided.
All posts are for 6-12 month contracts in the first instance with the potential for extension/permanence and require:
• A degree in archaeology or related discipline and an appropriate level of demonstrable experience
• A driving licence (for Project Supervisors and Officers)
• CIfA membership and valid CSCS card is preferred
• A First Aid at Work certificate would be advantageous, but not essential
Posts are available immediately. Applicants should make clear which position/s they are applying for and demonstrate relevant experience in their application. Please state on your form if you have a preference to be based in York or Sheffield. Forms should be completed and returned to email@example.com. Please do not send CVs in place of the application form.
For an informal discussion please contact Glyn Davies (Operations Manager, ArcHeritage) on 0114 2728884
Project Archaeologist Job Description
Project Archaeologist Specification
Project Supervisor Job Description
Project Supervisor Specification
Project Officer Job Description
Project Officer Specification